Imagine if you could have been standing next to the piano pictured above when John Lennon performed his mega-hit “Imagine.” That would have been a goosebump moment, right? SoCal Pianos revels in those kinds of incredible piano moments and songs … there is just not much better music than a piano-driven classic love song. That said, we decided to share some of our favorites with you. They are in no particular order, though we like a few more than others. But we will let you decide … Enjoy!
10 OF THE BEST PIANO LOVE SONGS
- My Heart Will Go On (Titanic theme song) by Celine Dion. This song is from one of the biggest blockbuster movies of all time and when you hear it, you can see lovestruck and ill-fated Jack and Rose shivering in the water as the Titanic slowly sinks into the ocean.
- Always by Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi has had many big hits over the years, but this 1994 ballad reached No. 4 on the U.S. Billboard charts and went on to become the band’s biggest selling single ever.
- Endless Love by Lionel Richie & Diana Ross. The movie itself was a sappy teen love story, but the song featuring two all-time greats definitely pulls the heartstrings.
- Your Song by Elton John. Any best-of piano song list would be incomplete without Sir Elton. This simple, poignant ode to a special person was a big hit in 1970.
- When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge. This big 60s Motown classic will get your groove on … and tell your partner just how you feel.
- Someone Like You by Adele. Adele’s album 21 was the biggest of 2011 and one of the biggest ever and this sad tale of love lost is one of the reasons why.
- All I Ask Of You: Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber. This romantic masterpiece from one of the all-time great Broadway musicals will have your emotions soaring.
- All of Me by John Legend. Featuring a beautifully simple piano arrangement, this 2013 hit is one of the best-written love songs of the decade.
- Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel. This love song from the Piano Man himself is timeless and one of many great piano cuts on his 1977 classic album The Stranger.
- Let It Be by the Beatles. This is not a true-blue love song, but it’s uplifting and inspiring lyrics and fantastic piano arrangement throughout has inspired plenty of love from music fans worldwide since its release in 1970.
Well, that was fun … are you ready to learn to play these songs? Give us a call or stop by today at our Ontario, CA showroom to talk to us about piano lessons from awesome teachers or about piano sales or rentals. You can also make an appointment at our Palm Desert location. And don’t forget to stay in touch with us through Facebook and Instagram!